Peak Resources – Overview
Peak Resources - where top class rare earth expertise and experience meets with a world class deposit and a perfect alignment with the market.
Peak and its partners are developing the Ngualla Project in Tanzania into a low cost next generation rare earth project that is strongly aligned to the high value, expanding high-tech magnet metal market. The Company has tailored its processing flowsheet to focus on the production of neodymium and praseodymium, which are the key enabling raw materials, the heart, that power low carbon technologies such as electric (e) mobility, clean energy and automatisation/robotic technology. With a distinctly different development approach backed by the advantages of a large high quality deposit and demonstrated process, the Company is well positioned for growth through the expanding demand for magnet metals in the green technology sector.
Peak’s strategy for growth is to rapidly develop Ngualla into a long term producer of neodymium (Nd) and praseodymium (Pr) rare earth mixed oxides through its lower quartile capex and opex.
The project is now substantially technically de-risked with a large, high confidence mineral resource base, demonstrated low cost metallurgical process and robust project economics demonstrated by the recently published Bankable Feasibility Study (“BFS”).
For details please find the full BFS document here.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
WE SAY WHAT WE DO.
WE DO WHAT WE SAY.
- Completion of Maiden Resource Estimate
- Development of ‘Proof of Concept’ metallurgical flowsheet
- Scoping Study Completed
- 100% acquisition of Ngualla Project from Zari Exploration Ltd
- Completion of acid leach test work
- Completion of separation test work
- Successful completion of SX Pilot Plant
- Revised Scoping Study and economic assessment reduces Opex
- Revised Mineral Resource Estimate indicates higher grades
- Positive PFS completed
- Proof of processing
- Beneficiation breakthrough
- Process Optimisation
- BFS financing secured with long-term partners: Appian and IFC
- Completion of large, high grade Maiden Ore Reserve
- Appointment of AMEC FW as lead Engineering firm
- Beneficiation pilot plant
- Advancement of ESIA
- BFS Drilling Program
- $23.4M investment from Appian and IFC
- Optimisation Studies:
- Location of downstream plant
- Stockpiling of Cerium
- Beneficiation improvement
- Results from pilot plant test work complete
- New Mineral Resource estimate
- Project economics updated
- Operational and marketing team recruited
- Commence financing discussions
- Advance offtake discussions
- Advance engineering
- Advance environmental permitting
- Receipt of the environmental certificate for Ngualla
- Update of the Ore Reserve
- Finalisation of the BFS
Applying for a mining license at Ngualla
Continuation of discussions with:
- Potential offtakers
- Debt financiers
- Strategic partners
- Export Credit Agencies
- Trading Houses
- NdPr Customers
With the objective securing the next funding stage to move into Front End Engineering & Design
Our Assets & Global Footprint
in Three Continents
The Asset – The Ngualla Rare Earth Deposit
Ngualla is one of the world’s largest and highest grade undeveloped neodymium (Nd) & praseodymium (Pr) rare earth projects.
Find out More