Notice of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the Ministry of Natural Resources on the second batch of rare earth mining and smelting and separation control plans for 2018
Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Lianyuan  No. 139
China Rare Earth Rare Earth Co., Ltd., Minmetals Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd., North China Rare Earth (Group) High-Tech Co., Ltd., Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd., China Southern Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd., Guangdong Rare Earth Industry Group Co., Ltd.:
After research, the second batch of rare earth mining and smelting and separation total control plans will be released to you in 2018. The relevant matters are notified as follows:
1. Rare earths are products that are strictly controlled by the state in terms of mining, smelting and separation. Any unit or individual may not produce without plan or super plan. In 2018, the national total control plan for rare earth mining and smelting and separation is 120,000 tons and 115,000 tons respectively.
2. Each rare earth group shall conscientiously do a good job of decomposing and releasing the plan. Within 15 working days of the plan issued by the Ministry of Commerce, after the business (provincial) department of industry and natural resources is located in the province, the company plans to decompose the plan to the industry and information. The Ministry of Chemical Industry, the Ministry of Natural Resources and the competent department of industry and natural resources of the province (district) shall file the record.
Third, the plan should be allocated to key enterprises with advanced technology and high environmental protection. An enterprise that has one of the following conditions may not assign a plan:
(1) The mining enterprise does not have a mining license or a safety production license, or the relevant competent department explicitly requests to suspend production and rectification;
(2) The rare earth smelting and separating enterprises use the backward production process that has been included in the prohibition or elimination catalogue, and the smelting separation capacity is less than 2000 tons (REO) per year;
(3) failing to meet the requirements of the “Rare Earth Industry Pollutant Emission Standards”;
(4) Long-term production suspension and no production conditions.
Fourth, we must strictly abide by relevant laws and regulations on environmental protection and resource development, and organize production according to the plan. It is strictly forbidden to exploit rare earth minerals without a license or cross-border mining; it is strictly forbidden to plan enterprises to carry out processing on behalf of processing (including entrusted processing), and not to use rare earth enrichment and mixed rare earth. The purchase of rare earth mineral products by nominal disguise of compounds, etc., requires complete import procedures for the use of overseas rare earth resources.
5. No plan or super-planned production is required. For enterprises that have excessive plans to produce, purchase and process illegal mineral products, pollute the environment, etc., they must reduce the plan until they cancel the plan, and strictly investigate the source of illegal mineral products. Give punishment.
6. The relevant provincial (district) industrial and natural resources authorities shall closely cooperate and implement the supervisory responsibilities. The competent industrial authorities shall further standardize the order of rare earth production and operation, strengthen the inspection and supervision of the implementation of the plan, and the competent natural resources department shall strengthen the exploration and exploitation of rare earth resources. And management of crushed ore resource recovery projects. All enterprises should truthfully report the implementation of the plan and production and operation, upload the data on the traceability system of rare earth products on time, and actively promote the construction of the traceability system of rare earth products of the enterprise.
Please report the data and production status of the previous month before the 5th of each month (the holiday extension) according to the requirements of the statistical report (see Attachment 2), and upload the data to the rare earth product traceability system.
Contact: Department of Raw Materials Industry, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Wu Junzi
Department of Mineral Development and Management, Ministry of Natural Resources, Zhu Yue
Tel: 010-68205577 (including fax)
Author: MIIT Google translate
Source: MIIT – Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the Ministry of Natural Resources